Thursday, January 27, 2022

Gratitude...the best medicine

I haven't written much recently because I had an accident on November 10th that really messed up my left knee. I began feeling quite melancholy about life because of the pain and inconvenience; my attitude was in serious need of adjustment by Friday last! A series of things happened that made me feel better. First, someone offered an apology and some help. Second, I spent time with my daughters and their sweet families. Third, my boss sent a note that made me think he cared about how I was feeling. Fourth, I went to church and listened to someone list what they were thankful for...ordinary everyday things, but things that are wonderful, just the same and finally I read my oldest daughter's gratitude list on her blog. All of these things started me thinking of what I am grateful for. This process has healed my rotten outlook and is helping me face future pain. Things I am thankful for: My children that I can walk again my husband my home music of all kinds beaches sunsets and sunrises stars convertibles motorcycles work teenagers books computers pictures friends chocolate pie spaghetti lobster cruises Disney Coke & Pepsi children my grand-daughters education teachers scriptures prayers life my mother hugs jokes & laughter the beauty of the earth Christmas Halloween decorations flowers sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment