Thursday, January 27, 2022

What are you willing to risk your life for?

I've been teaching my 15 year old to drive (don't get me wrong, he's actually pretty good) and this question came to mind this morning as we were zooming through the canyon to go hiking. What am I willing to risk my life for? Well, the standard stuff that most people would say, if you asked them, I guess, like my family, my close friends...to teach my kids to drive! However, I also do some exciting (but dangerous) things like scuba dive, I've even gone cavern/cave diving. I've gone cliff jumping; I travel to foreign countries, eat strange food and talk with amusing people that I don't know & dance until the wee hours of the morning in cities that never sleep... While some of this doesn't sound extremely risky...for a lot of my friends and co-workers it's pretty much insanity! As I think about this and some of the other crazy stuff I've done, purely for entertainment. I wonder about myself and what possess me to risk so much...I guess it is summed up in the quote "I would rather have 5 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special." Anyone else ?

No comments:

Post a Comment