Thursday, January 27, 2022

In search of Wendell or Dan the Dollar Man

So I had more fun in Hawaii than should be legal! It all began when I took a boat from Maui to Molokai, and met the Dollar Man. The Dollar rent-a-car shuttle met us at the ferry dock and this very nice guy took us in to town to get groceries, waited while we bought them, helped us load them up, and then took us to the car rental place to get our car. All of this after hours! He told us that nothing was open on Sundays since we had already told him we were staying in a condo; he was extra helpful. Now for the horrible part---I woke up Sunday morning and realized I had forgot to tip him! Ouch!!! I spent the next three days trying to track him down because I felt so bad but it was harder than you might think even though it's a very small island. It turns out he has several jobs. I ran into another driver and inquired about Wendell (whose name is really Dan) and was told it was his day off. I finally ran into Dan at the ferry dock, apologized profusely and gave him a big tip (with interest). He was the so sweet about it...I want to go to Molokai all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment