Thursday, January 27, 2022

Pet me....?

Friends have encouraged me to blog for quite some time mostly because my life is filled with so many quirky and unusual incidents. For example, on a recent trip to Philidelphia as I was boarding my return flight I had a flight attendant (male) ask if he could "pet me!" These were his exact words! True, I did have a suede coat with some fake fur trim on but...I was so suprised I really couldn't think of anything to say except..."excuse me" at that point he seemed to realize what he had said and it's implications and began to backtrack...it was funnier than the last episode of top dog (you gotta see it)! If this had been the only occurance of petting requests it would have been strange but they keep occuring so I'm wondering exactly what it is about me that turns total strangers into rubaholics! Oh yeah, it did happen again; I was buying a slurpee, getting my change out of my bag, when the clerk asks if she can rub my purse...it has some raised applique but it's kind of an unremarkable object, grey with a black paisley pattern????? The most recent episode happened last weekend, I was selling a camping trailer to a friend, drove up to her house in my convertable, this one didn't even ask just began stroking the door! Any tips from anyone out there on something witty I might say in the future `cause I have the feeling it might happen again. Similar experiences?

1 comment:

  1. My friend actually one-upd me on this one! On a recent flight to Kuwaii she awoke from a nap to find a man holding her hand
    ! Wow, brave.

    ReplyDelete