Thursday, January 27, 2022

Red Neck Heaven....


I had the best time last night at a demolition derby! It was held in a small arena in a small town...lots of kids, cowboy boots and whoopin' & hollerin'. I cheered until my throat started to hurt. There is something thrilling about watching cars smash into each other over and over. We sat so low that we got a dirt bath several times as the cars spun their wheels, engines growling like savage beasts on the loose! I sort of felt like (enthusiastically) growling back!

Many of my associates and co-workers would be surprised that I would enjoy such an event. They see a lady in suits/dresses and heals that attends the opera and the ballet regularly. A woman who has a load of education and a plan or a checklist for everything. The derby part of me remains hidden a lot of the time...that part is my roots.

I grew up in a trailer park (parents were divorced and Mom worked a lot), rode horses and went dirt biking as often as possible. Somewhere along the way education and acquaintances have changed my behavior but they can't quite kick the redneck out of me!

Maybe you can have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment