Thursday, January 27, 2022

Did you think I'd be meaner??

The funny thing about being a librarian is that most people have a stereotype of what I should look like, and be like firmly fixed in their minds...perhaps television is partly to blame for this. Most people think I love quiet, like to read non-stop and that I should be at least 55 with graying hair and glasses perched on my nose. The funnest part for me is when I meet someone new and they just can't believe it!! I'm not the only exception. One of my best friends (who is also a librarian) races Harleys and sky dives, another is a dancer, one backpacks through the wild for a month every summer...I can be quiet and read but I also love a party! I scuba dive and love poker and loud rock music. One of the funniest observations that people make is they always think I should be stern or crabby (I'm usually very flexible and happy). I've actually had people say they are surprised that I'm so nice! Weird huh? I guess I could take offense but I think it's meant as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment