Thursday, January 27, 2022

You can't flush what??

This morning I'm doing that most haneous of all tasks...plunging a stopped up toilet! The plumbing in my house has always been a bit temperamental---you need to flush several times when doing your business or you'll spend some time plunging! Some days I wish I could wring the original plumber's neck! I guess it could be worse, much worse, as we found out in Mexico, on vacation several years ago. I was staying at one of those all inclusive resorts. It was pretty nice, on the ocean, several restaurants on the property, and a live band on the weekends. There was even a jacuzzi in our room. So, all in all, I liked it a lot until I came back from sightseeing one afternoon and had to wade through an inch of sewage to get to the bathroom! Apparently you aren't supposed to flush anything in Mexico, yes I mean anything. I had noticed the signs on their restroom doors but I assumed they meant the same thing that ours do...feminine products, toys, cell phones...no, this is in fact not true. You are expected to put your waste (and the paper you use to remove it) in a can next to the toilet! Oh my! What a bacterial nightmare! I'm not even that much of a germ freak (sometimes I forget to wash my hands) but the act of putting poop in a can next to the toilet just grosses me out. It's when incidents like this happen that I'm so grateful for my messed up house in this messed up country. It's still the only place I want to live on earth. Hey, at least I can flush stuff, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment