Thursday, November 5, 2020




There are few experiences I enjoy more than a Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market. The sites, sounds, aromas, colors, and people all blend to form an unforgettable treat for the senses.

I had come with a mission, to find some sweet corn and some tart green apples; I found both of these and so much more. There were musicians playing everything from the saxophone to the violin - lovely jazz, toe-tapping pop, and moving classical pieces. Each musician intent on pleasing the crowd and earning a few dollars while doing something they obviously loved.



There were also stalls filled with art, jewelry, and flowers. I found a beautiful, whimsical print of a rabbit riding a tortoise, which I bought for my daughter's birthday and some fresh thyme for a favorite recipe.



All in all, a very satisfying morning that made me smile and look forward to the rest of the day. A great way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment