Sunday, November 2, 2014

Packed and counting the minutes!

All of my things are packed and I'm trying to calm down enough to go to sleep. I leave at 4:30 am tomorrow for the airport. I'll have a short flight to L.A.  where I'll spend 36 hrs waiting for my flight to China (did this to save money).  I have a short layover in China (3hrs or so) then I'm on to Kathmandu, Nepal where I'll spend two days before I'll meet up with my guides and my group. I don't start hiking until November 10th.

I did buy several more pieces of gear. I felt the need for security measures so I got a money belt and some locks for my luggage. I also got this UV light water purification pen.

We had some fun making lightning storms in our tap water with this. :)

I also have a headlamp and my trekking poles. I'm as ready as I'm going to get.

I received some additional news coverage during the last few weeks.

My granddaughter Kate's preschool teacher happens to write for the Deseret News so I got this great write up from her.

Deseret News Article

KUTV Channel 2 News also interviewed me:

Channel 2 News

I'm still raising funds for Room to Read.  To learn more about this amazing organization visit roomtoread.org.  To support my hike visit http://roomtoread.kintera.org/unitedstates/hopkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment