Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting the right equipment....

I bought my first pair of hiking boots today.  This seems kind of weird since I'm going on this monumental hike, but I've been surviving with Nikes for over 10 years in the Utah mountains....

I have to say I was pretty excited about them though. I even went into my friend's office, sat down, pulled them out of the box and put them on right there. She's been giving me good advice about publicizing this event, so she didn't think this was completely weird. ;)

 The juxtaposition of the two styles of shoes is amazing. I've posted them both here so you can see what I mean. Yeah, I'm kind of a glam girl. The only reason why I didn't have on my 4" pumps with my skinny jeans was because it's still summer and I can't bare to give up my sandals yet!


Since my last post I have done the following additional things to get ready:

1. Contacted an artist to make a poster (my daughter) for advertising purposes (posters, business cards, FB badge).
2. Began getting more serious about training by running longer every morning, running elevated, and including strength training.






No comments:

Post a Comment