Saturday, August 30, 2014

Getting the right people involved...

This week I've been getting more people involved.  As I've been thinking about it, several ways to do this, that seemed easy and natural, seemed to emerge.  First, I decided to use my connection to one of the middle schools in my school district, to get their students involved. I met with the principal, presented my half-formed ideas and she ran with them!  This principal also introduced me to a 6th grade teacher who has a keen interest in the region because he lived there! This teacher also supervises the student body officers who choose what the school will participate in, as their only fundraiser, yearly.  As you can imagine, I was overwhelmed by their vision, creativity and passion for my project.

The other person that became involved is the PR person for our district. He interviewed me and plans to help me get the word out about this unique project. He's also working on possible news coverage; I've invited the president of the Wasatch Room to Read chapter to appear with me if that additional piece works out.

I  also purchased my plane ticket to Nepal; I've allowed a couple of days on each end of the trek for travel so I will be gone for a total of 23 days.

I also created this poster that I plan to display in all libraries in my school district and in as many public libraries, stores and gyms as I can get it in. I ended up making it, so it's certainly not professional quality,  hopefully it will help me get the word out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment