Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Newspapers, Broadcast News & Unusual Coincidences

Another step I took this week was to hang posters and distribute pocket flyers. Tip: Check your work. I made an error and had to rehang all of the posters. :/

I also had an interview with the Deseret News because of a weird coincidence. My grand-daughter Kate's pre-school teacher saw my interview on my daughter's Facebook post; this lady also writes for the Deseret News and does some work for KSL (Channel 5)! She decided she would also like to cover this story so she sent me a Facebook message to ask if we could work that out. I interviewed with her today, over the phone.

So, I'm raising awareness, because I'm getting lots of attention. However, so far, that hasn't translated into a lot of donations, a few, but not a lot. I'm not sure what else I can do. I went out to lunch today with a friend who does fund-raising for her husband's climbs. She basically re-affirmed my belief that I'm on the right track; I just need to keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment